Municipality of Arta
Arta is a city in northwestern Greece, capital of the regional unit of Arta, which is part of Epirus region.
The present municipality Arta was formed at the 2011 local government reform by the merger of the following 5 former municipalities, that became municipal units (constituent communities in brackets):
- Amvrakikos(Aneza, Vigla, Gavria, Kalogeriko, Koronisia, Polydroso, Rachi, Strongyli, Psathotopi)
- Arta(Arta, Keramates, Kostakioi, Limini)
- Filothei(Agios Spyridon, Kalamia, Kalovatos, Kirkizates, Rokka, Chalkiades)
- Vlacherna(Vlacherna, Grammenitsa, Grimpovo, Korfovouni)
- Xirovouni(Ammotopos, Dafnoti, Kampi, Pantanassa, Pistiana, Rodavgi, Skoupa, Faneromeni)
The municipality has an area of 457.248 km2, the municipal unit 47.493 km2.
Municipality of Arta is an institutional body that represents local businesses, has experience in investment and finance actions and has participated in many projects. The body can directly influence local policies regarding enterprises, and indirectly national and regional policies.
Municipality of Arta website